The Jotron Group today announces that it will merge their Norwegian companies:
- Jotron AS
- Jotron Phontech AS
- Jotron SatCom AS
The name of the new company will be Jotron AS.
Kongsberg Maritime has, as previously announced by the 2 companies in March 2012, already acquired 100% of the shares in Jotron Consultas AS.
“This merger and the sales of Jotron Consultas AS, will allow Jotron to fully focus on our core businesses: communication products and systems for maritime, land and air applications.” says Magnus Vold, Managing Director of the “new” Jotron AS, “It will allow us to consolidate our sales, R&D and production resources to expand the business and better serve our customers worldwide.”
Jotron ASwill after the merger have annual turnover of 305 MNOK and 150 employees.
Jotron ASwill be organised according to the following market segments:
• Maritime & Energy: Customer division responsiblefor all business with maritime and energy customers worldwide.
• ATC & Coastal Communication: Customer division responsiblefor all business with ATC (Air Traffic Control) customers as well as coastal (shore to ship) communication projects
The new organization will officially take affect July 1st 2012
JotronASis a Norwegian privately owned limited company with 45 years of continuous operation in international Maritime, Energy and ATC markets allied with a sound financial base.
Jotron’s main businesses are:
Maritime safety and search & rescue communication equipment
• Maritime ship internal communication systems
• Safety communication systemsformaritime and offshore applications
• Maritime VSAT antenna systems
• Shore to ship communication products and systems
• ATC ground to air radio communication products and systemsforcivil aviation and military use
Our production facilities handle more than 90,000 finished items a year. Continuous close co-operation with our
customers as well as national and international laboratories and authorities results in innovative high quality products, systems and services to the latest standards.
JotronASis the head officeforthe Jotron Group which has 250 employees in Norway, Lithuania, UK, USA and Singapore.
The consolidated revenue of the Jotron Group is 330 MNOK.
Tags: jotron as