Dimetra™SR 8.0 offers network operators a simpler and more cost effective platform on which to deliver TETRA mission critical communications to public safety users
Motorola Solutions), the world’s leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions, today announces Dimetra SR 8.0 (system release), a significant new software release of its powerful TETRA (TErrestrial Trunked RAdio) system platform. The Dimetra SR 8.0 system provides superior performance in a compact footprint – helping customers cope better with space-constrained installations as well as increasing resilience and capacity, lowering running costs and delivering streamlined system upgrades and maintenance.
The Dimetra platform already provides mission-critical end users with simplified, higher-speed access to data, improved network security and flexible network capacity and coverage. In addition, Dimetra SR 8.0 will be the first to include the ability to connect to non-TETRA networks, including standards-compliant LTE networks. This will enable public safety agencies such as police, fire or ambulance services to achieve a future-ready solution for unifying communications across both broadband and TETRA networks. This will support the long-term evolution of TETRA network infrastructure while supporting user-specific requirements, enhancing operational efficiency and optimising operators’ capital expenditure.
• Dimetra SR 8.0 offers a simpler, more resilient and more cost-effective TETRA system for supporting mission-critical voice and data applications by harnessing advanced capabilities of a new IT server-based platform.
• Dimetra SR 8.0 supports a next generation architecture that allows network operators to benefit from significantly lower operational expenditure (OPEX). Savings derive from up to a 60 percent reduction in power consumption and up to a 30 percent reduction in footprint for switch rooms compared with the previous system release.
• Dimetra SR 8.0 includes automated system upgrade functionality that reduces upgrade time as well as the need for specialists and expensive support staff. The new system achieves nearly seamless upgrades by reducing service outages by more than 60 percent compared with the previous system release.
• Additionally, the broadband network integration capabilities will make Dimetra SR 8.0 a future-ready system allowing users to continually upgrade and evolve their TETRA system as needed and as technologies evolve.
• Dimetra SR 8.0 will be available in November 2011.
Tom Quirke, vice president and general manager, TETRA global organization, Motorola Solutions
“Dimetra SR 8.0 is unique in the market with its ability to connect to non-TETRA networks, including standards-compliant LTE networks. It demonstrates our commitment to drive our vision of next generation public safety with TETRA at its core, supporting mission-critical voice services and interworking with broadband networks. The solution is future-proof and helps public safety organisations reduce running costs of their networks whilst improving efficiency.”